[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4808: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
Párendili • View topic - Sindarin Wordlists & Charts
Navigator
Search

Sindarin Wordlists & Charts

Sindarin Wordlists & Charts

PostAuthor: Tuilinde » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:20 am

I have a range of wordlists which have been put together from Helge's Parviphith and arranged for convenience when creating a new piece of work. There are also some checklists and charts, put together from Thorsten's latest Sindarin Course.

Together they are a help if, like me, your memory can't hold all that stuff, and having to dig through books and so on slows your work down too much.
They are all far too long to put into the forum, but if you would like copies do ask and I will email them to you.

There is a list of Verbs;

A list of Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions and Prefixes;

A Subject list, divided up as follows:

Abstract & Verbal Nouns, General Use Nouns, Activities
Language, Writing & Numbers
Architecture, Buildings & Places
Objects & Materials
Weapons, Clothes & Colours
Fauna
Flora
Food & Drink
Persons & Beings
Gender & Relationships
Anatomy
Times & Seasons
Topography & Shapes
Weather; Light, Shadow, Heat & Cold

A Grammar checklist, which gives the briefest summary of rules, and saves me a lot of time, and also a summary of
I Affections;

A full chart of Mutations, with the Grammatical and Phonological rules included;

As a sample, here are two brief sections of the Subject and Adjectives lists (they should be in separate columns for Singular, Mutation, Genitive Phrase, Affixes, Plural, Mutation, Collective, but they don't transfer well to the forum!):-

abandonment awarth ewerth
abhorrence fear horror dread delos (i dhelos) delys [i nelys] delossath
detestation loathing deloth (i dheloth) delyth [i nelyth]
account tale trenarn (i drenarn, o threnarn) trenern [i threnern]
affection love kindness mîl (i vîl) [i mîl] míliath
affliction heavy burden caul (i gaul, o chaul) coel [ i choel] colath
aged iphant iphaint
air tune song singer lind linnath
anger ire *ruith [idh ruith]
annals ínias íniais íniassath
answer dangweth (i nangweth, o ndangweth) dengwith [i ndengwith]
art craft handicraft maenas (i vaenas) maenais [i vaenais] maenassath
awakening echui echuiw echuiwath
awe anwar enwair

bad deed sin úgardh úgerdh
battle dagor (i nagor, o ndagor) degyr [i ndegyr] dagorath
battle cry hul (i chul, o chul) gen.phr. hul huil [i chuil]
bell-ringing nelladel nelledil
bells sound of nellad nellaid
bliss final end fate fortunemanadh (i vanadh) menaidh [i menaidh]
blossoming flowering edlothiad edlothiaid
blow heavy stroke dram (i dhram) draim [in draim]
bodily strength bellas (i vellas) bellais [ i mellais]
bond troth compact oath gwaedh (i 'waedh) [in gwaedh]
brilliance glitter glory aglar eglair

full of -eb (aglareb)
unchangeable attribute -(r)en (celebren)
transient attributes -able -ui (uanui)
active in -weg ( pedweg)
very truly exceedingly a(n)- (beleg>ammeleg)
en/ein- (lint>ellint)
rau- ro- (beleg>roveleg)

abhorrent abominable thaur thoer
abiding steadfast him [chim]
abominable horrible loathsome deleb [dheleb] delib
above over high or-
abundant ovor evyr
acute keen sharp laeg
aged suffering year-sick ingem ingim
aged long-lived year-full iphant iphaint
agile swift celeg [geleg] celig
alive cuin [guin]
all *pân pain [phain]
alone first single erui eriol erioel
alone one lone er-
ancient iaur ior- iar- ioer
ashen ashy lithui
away remote gwachai ['wachai]
awful dreadful fearful gaer [aear]

I hope that they may prove to be of some help.
Tuilinde

Re: Sindarin Wordlists & Charts

PostAuthor: Parthgilien74 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Suilad, Tuilinde~

Wow! You've been busy! All of these lists would be very useful to me, and since you're willing to share, I would like to have copies sent to me. I'm pretty sure you have my email, but if not, it's gracefulleaf74@gmail.com . How are things going with 'The Glory of Gondolin' ? I think I read something on Elfling that it has been published...

Parthgilien
I Aear cân ven na mar.
Parthgilien74

PostAuthor: Tuilinde » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 am

I will send them to you in the next couple of days.
Please remember that they will not be guaranteed correct, and that I chose to leave some words out, so always double check with one other list.
In general the words I omitted had been "developed" from Noldorin when in fact there was already another attested word available which was Sindarin.

Thank you for asking, The Glory of Gondolin was published in its English form in Unquendor's Lembas Extra which came out in December.
Tuilinde

PostAuthor: Parthgilien74 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Hannad, Tuilinde!

Glad to hear that 'Gondolin' was published. Have you heard if there was any specific reaction to it by the readers/publisher, etc?

Parthgilien
I Aear cân ven na mar.
Parthgilien74

Return to Sindarin linguistics