[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4808: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
Párendili • View topic - Questions About the Exercises
Navigator
Search

Questions About the Exercises

Re: Questions About the Exercises

PostAuthor: Aran » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Aran

PostAuthor: Eryniel » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:42 am

Many thanks for the corrections and the link Aran. I have changed the excercise that I did accordingly, hoping Huranarmo will do the same soon. We are trying to make it easy so for these beginners lessons we try not to have special cases. Thanks for pointing them out.

Would you mind expanding a bit on the "impersonal verbs" with regards to Sindarin specific please? I ask this with regards to the dictionary project where it would be great if we could mark those.
Eryniel

PostAuthor: Aran » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

Aran

PostAuthor: Aran » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Aran

PostAuthor: Eryniel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 am

Eryniel

PostAuthor: Aran » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 am

Aran

PostAuthor: Eryniel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 am

I get what you are trying to say. But if you call across to a person, it would become *athnallon an Aragorn for example. Which would again use something that is not yet covered in the excercises. I am still a learner myself, relying on the information within Pedin Edhellen, and again: the sentence I gave (athnallon i hirion) is taken directly from there. Does that mean Thorsten is wrong?
Eryniel

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:44 am

Hi,

I've pondered this point as well, but I think Eryniel's right here. I don't see anything wrong with a construction like "across-calling a river", even if there isn't an object listening at the other side. You could just be yelling out your surprise or whatever.

But sure, I could be wrong. But then Thorsten is also wrong - and if he is, shouldn't we settle on that? I think that he'd appreciate the feedback, to use in the next version of Pedin Edhellen (if that's to come anyhow)
Lúthien

Previous

Return to Sindarin linguistics