[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4808: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
Párendili • View topic - Prayers in Quenya
Navigator
Search

Prayers in Quenya

Prayers in Quenya

PostAuthor: Tuilinde » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:52 am

These are not poems, but Christian prayers in Quenya. I am aware that Tolkien himself chose to Quenya-ize the word Christ, but I felt I wanted to come up with something nearer to the meaning of the Hebrew "Chosen One", so that is the reasoning behind Jesua Sátimo. If you want to make use of the prayers and that feels awkward please feel free to change it. I have also made my own adaptation of The Lord's Prayer, which you are quite free to ignore, but I find it helpful to me.

KYERMI ERUN

Nómë sina ná coa Eruo;
nómë sina n' ando Erumano;
Eru ëa sinomë, Fëarya ëa aswë ::

This is the house of God;
this is the gate of heaven;
the Lord is here, his Spirit is with us.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Annuravë melirelvelyë
anaira Heru Yesua Sátimo,
sinomë ar ilyë yanelyassen ilyambaressë;
ar aistalvelyë, pan aira firielyanen
etelehtiel i ambar ::

We adore you
most Holy Lord, Jesus Christ,
here and in all your churches throughout all the world;
and we bless you, because by your holy death (cross)
you have redeemed the world.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ai! Meld'atar, tulan elyenna síra laitienelyë, ar lastien ómalya ::
Ai! Heru Yesua, ammeld' Aran endanyo, tulan elyenna síra laitienelyë, ar istien indomelya ::
Aiya! Airë Fëa, tulan elyenna síra laitienelyë, ar tuvien nárë melmelyo ::

O Beloved Father, I come to you today to praise you, and to hear your voice.
O Lord Jesus, most beloved king of my heart, I come to you today to praise you, and to know your will.
O Holy Spirit, I come to you today to praise you, and to find the fire of your love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Eru Atarenya, á tula ninna sira, arcan,
ar anta nin poldorelya ,
san poluvan carë indomelya sirassë ::

God my Father, come to me today, I pray,
and give me your strength,
that I may do your will today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ammeld' Aran orenyo,
Estel endanyo, Poldorë fëanyo,
Tiutalë yá nanyë milya:
nai melinelyë Herunya,
ily' orenya,
ilya fëanya,
ilya sámanya,
ar ilya poldorenyanen,
Sí ar tennoio ::

Most Beloved King of my soul,
Hope of my Heart, Strength of my Spirit,
Comfort in my weakness:
may I love you My Lord,
with all my heart,
all my spirit,
all my mind,
and all my strength,
now and forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elyë ná Estel endanyo, ai Heru Erunya.
Elye ná poldorë fëanyo.
Elyë ná tiutalënya milyanyassë.

You are the Hope of my Heart, O my God.
You are the strength of my spirit.
You are my comfort in my weakness.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Atarelma i ëa han Ëa,
ná airë esselya,
aranielya ná tuluva,
ná carë indomelya
Cemendë tambë Erumandë;
álwen anta síra ilaurëa massalma,
ar álwen apsenë úcarelvar,
siv' elmë apsenet tien i úcarer elmen ::
Álamë tulya úsahtienna
mal ámë etelehta ulcullo:
pan aranië, i túrë,
ar i alcar nár lelyar,
sí ar tennoio ::

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Heru - orava elmesse;
Sátimo - orava elmesse;
Heru - orava elmesse.

Lord, have mercy on us;
Christ, have mercy on us;
Lord, have mercy on us.
Tuilinde

Re: Prayers in Quenya

PostAuthor: Huanarmo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 am

Alla Tuilinde,

Had I been paying better attention to new posts I might have read these on the Feast of the Epiphany, which would have been perfect. Australia may be ten hours ahead but I'm about ten days behind.

They are still a wonderful discovery and a blessing in themselves. Hantanyel.
Huanarmo

Re: Prayers in Quenya

PostAuthor: Aran » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Aran

Return to Quenya Poetry