[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4808: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
Párendili • View topic - Let's haiku
Navigator
Search

Let's haiku

Haiku poems and other specific forms

Let's haiku

PostAuthor: órerámar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am

After this exceptionally long winter, when I went over the Grimsel Pass at the end of June, there was still lots of snow and the ice in the mountain pools only started to break up:

Ringwe tuilesse -
natse nenye tieron
tulca helcesse

Mountain pool in spring
a net of watery ways
on strong ice

Rilya ringwesse
i lilótie naltar
Fanyamarello

On (the) glittering mountain pool
the manyflowered reflections
from Cloudland
órerámar

Re: Let's haiku

PostAuthor: Aran » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 pm

This reminds me of a song where autumn puddles are called 'weeping sky beneath one's feet'.. In any case, after the Omentielva I felt the urge to clean up my haikus and update my website. On the theme of ice I have:

Aiwi vilyasse
Hya terene helkenna:
En úrahtime

'Birds in the sky
Or on thin ice:
Still unreachable'

Written last year, when I saw some birds being fed by the local inhabitants, perching on paper-thin ice on the Elbe which could hardly support more than a light bird and a few breadcrumbs.
Aran

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:59 am

Wow, these are both wonderful!

I was wondering whether you had read out the haiku's on the Omentielva, or only read them?
I'm asking because it would also be great if we could listen to the poems. At least, I find that wonderful, though I understand that maybe it's too much bother to record it, upload it, etcetera.
It's just a thought.

I might also try to write some more haiku's: I find the form very stimulating (both restrictive in meter, and short).
Would it maybe be better therefore if we move this topic to a general forum (not in the Quenya forum, I mean)?

@Aran: do you live near the Elbe? My friend and I cycled along the Elbe to Prague two years ago, so I may have passed the place you describe :)
Lúthien

PostAuthor: órerámar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 am

Last edited by órerámar on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
órerámar

PostAuthor: órerámar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 am

órerámar

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 am

Oh, I'm sorry: I wasn't clear (I guess that comes from posting messages before coffee :) )

I meant recording the poems published in here only, by the authors themselves.

(I think I jumped there from imagining them being read out at the Omentielva)
Lúthien

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am

Lúthien

PostAuthor: Aran » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am

Aran

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Lúthien

PostAuthor: órerámar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 pm