[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4805: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4808: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3854)
Párendili • View topic - Questions via the Tolkien Society Committee
Navigator
Search

Questions via the Tolkien Society Committee

Re: Questions via the Tolkien Society Committee

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Lúthien

PostAuthor: Tuilinde » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for those opinions. I'll convey them in a concise form to Caleb.

Elros - I've failed to make any sense of the "tengwar" - it rather looks to me as if they've mixed up different Modes. Any opinion?

I do think if we can pass on a considered opinion of these apps it will help - after all they're what started him off in the first place, and apps are his expertise, as you might say.

I shall keep in touch with him. I was handed this by the TS Committee, and therefore feel it's important to be seen to be helpful, but also he has been appreciative of what I've shared with him.
And most important of all, that is the stated ethos of this Forum, and we should stick to it even in unusual circumstances such as this.
Tuilinde

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Maybe it got buried in the iPhone app posts, but I've written a post about the original question of contacting that journalist that I'd like to discuss.
Lúthien

PostAuthor: Eryniel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 am

I believe it is a false use of a Tengwar Font the way people with no idea of Tengwar do: They just type the latin letters and think the corresponding Tengwar lies on the same key on the keyboard. Note the Tehta that is not written on top of a Tengwar.
Although when rendering it back to latin letters I come up with something silly like ".m.nF;½ Fx.: zmFuz;mz".

The only Tolkien Modi I know that uses úre and also Tehtar is the Classical Mode and that makes no sense because of the tilde underneath wilya, indicating a double consonant.
Eryniel

PostAuthor: órerámar » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:11 am

Thank you, Lúthien, for this detailed feedback. I suspected as much and the Swiss vote joins the Dutch jury :)
órerámar

PostAuthor: Elros » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:04 am

Elros

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:30 am

Lúthien

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:29 am

Lúthien

PostAuthor: Eryniel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:53 pm