Navigator
Search

which style do you favour?

temp

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 am

Hi all, I added some other styles to several subforums. Can you have a look and tell me which one you like best?
If we have a clear preference, we can make that the default for all forums. the other ones are still selectable should you want to use them yourself, its somewhere in your Control Panel, but more about that later ...

- So there is the default bluish theme - let's call it "Theme 1" that you have seen already, for instance in Lasto Beth Lammen: viewforum.php?f=2

- another standard theme is called "subsilver" - Theme 2" and you can see it on Sindarin Linguistics on viewforum.php?f=8

- a green and nature like theme - "Theme 3" on Trenairn Edhellen viewforum.php?f=10

- also nature like, but B/W - "Theme 4" on Quenya Poetry viewforum.php?f=7

- and lastly a fantasy themed thing "theme 5" on Sindarin Poetry viewforum.php?f=9
the default background image in the header was really not that good, so I put in some image that I made of Valinor :)
Lúthien

temp

PostAuthor: Tuilinde » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Aiya ilyar!

Luthien,

I particularly like the Valinorean design, and I particularly don't like the black and white, or the green, so that's my vote.

I've done some quick work on Quenya versions of some of the headings:
The House of our People - Mar Lielmo (acute accent on the a)
The Elven Languages - Lambi Eldarion
Lays of the Elves - Laire Eldarion
Elvish Tales - Nyari Eldarion (acute accent on the a of nyari)
I made this - Maitanen sin (I designed, composed this)

I really think that we must have Paul's poem somewhere to be our song. If we are perhaps going to have others looking in on the forum, then it would show what we're about, and emphasise our ethos.

I'm still thinking about your suggestion of opening it up to others.

Tuilinde
Tuilinde

Re: Suilad

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Hannad, Tuilinde!

I'll put the votes for the style in another thread - that's some exercise in those matters right away, too :)
Lúthien

which style do you favour?

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

I copied the style discussion here from the introduction topic.

I have added a number of styles to the forum and set them as default to some sub-forums where you can preview them.
We can make these default for the whole forum, but it is also possible to give each section their own look and feel.

- So there is the default bluish theme - let's call it "Theme 1" for instance in here
- another standard theme is called "subsilver" - Theme 2" and you can see it on Sindarin Linguistics
- a green and nature like theme - "Theme 3" on Trenairn Edhellen
- also nature like, but B/W - "Theme 4" on Quenya Poetry
- and lastly a fantasy themed thing "theme 5" on Sindarin Poetry
the default background image in the header was really not that good, so I put in some image that I made of Valinor
Last edited by Lúthien on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lúthien

Re: which style do you favour?

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Until now, two persons have reacted ..

Peggy mailed me with
Theme 4 B/W first choice
Theme 3 green nature 2nd choice

and Tuilinde says
I particularly like the Valinorean design, and I particularly don't like the black and white, or the green, so that's my vote.

so the current score is:

Theme 1 -
Theme 2 -
Theme 3 - :) & :*(
Theme 4 - :) & :*(
Theme 5 - :)

It's just like the Song Festival "Now, can I have ze votes of zee Zviss Zioory please?" :lol:
Last edited by Lúthien on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lúthien

Re: Suilad

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Tuilinde wrote:Aiya ilyar!
I've done some quick work on Quenya versions of some of the headings:
The House of our People - Mar Lielmo (acute accent on the a)
The Elven Languages - Lambi Eldarion
Lays of the Elves - Laire Eldarion
Elvish Tales - Nyari Eldarion (acute accent on the a of nyari)
I made this - Maitanen sin (I designed, composed this)

Thank you! I will put these in.

Tuilinde wrote:I really think that we must have Paul's poem somewhere to be our song. If we are perhaps going to have others looking in on the forum, then it would show what we're about, and emphasise our ethos.

That's a very good idea. I will have a look to see whether it would work to put it on the front page too, or else I'll think of another prominent place for it.

Tuilinde wrote:I'm still thinking about your suggestion of opening it up to others.
Tuilinde

Ah, ok. There is no hurry, of course. I'll put that in topic of its own as well. I mean, now we have a forum we might as well use it :)
Lúthien

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Today, I got ze scores from ze Australian Zjooree, who rewarded Une Pointe to the default blue theme (the one in this subforum).

So our actual score is, at this moment:

Theme 1 - :)
Theme 2 -
Theme 3 - :) + :*( = :huh:
Theme 4 - :) + :*( = :huh:
Theme 5 - :)
Lúthien

PostAuthor: Lúthien » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:37 pm

In the end the default (blue) theme was most liked. There is another reason to stick to that one: I added some features to the forum software, and most of those are only available for the two standard styles.

You can still choose the other styles in your own control panel if you wish. Let me know if you need any further explanation.
Lúthien

PostAuthor: Parthgilien74 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Suilad,

I linked to the different styles both in this thread and in the other where they appear, but they all looked the same to me ~ the 'default' blue. I didn't see any one which was green, or included illustration, etc...

So at present, I cannot vote on which one I like best. I'm sure there's a simple way around this. I may just not be putting the right amount of pressure on the mouse when I click, for all I know. :s

Hannad,

Parthgilien
I Aear cân ven na mar.
Parthgilien74

PostAuthor: Parthgilien74 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Okay, I figured out how to see them, by going into my user settings. I like theme 3 (the green one) and theme 5 (the fantasy one with Luthien's drawing. That's the one I chose as my default, and I'll probably alternate as the mood strikes. If not for my love of illustration, and 'green,' I'd go with the blue theme 1.

Parthgilien
I Aear cân ven na mar.
Parthgilien74

Next

Return to General discussion